The right way to do Reverse 911:
- contract with a reputable and FREE service like Nixle.com;
- solicit interested residents to sign up for free;
- issue alerts, as necessary, to those who register;
- congratulate yourself on a no-brainer decision.
The Westwood, NJ way (aka the “Wrong Way”) to do Reverse 911:
- waste countless hours investigating a contract with C3 to provide Reverse 911 service;
- waste tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars to contract with C3;
- demonstrate your ignorance and generate ill-will by issuing frivolous and harassing alerts to all residents, even those not interested in being included, simply to justify the huge expense;
- feel like a dumbass for being a dumbass.
Yup, the Westwood way is much better! ; )